Friday, January 14, 2022

 Honey barked 

A covered window, darkness 

Fitting itself under the doors. 

unknown danger, monsters afoot

devouring the wind from our trees, 

Having lunch, among the leaves

our hero appears, stolen from dreams, 

beloved warrior, fur of honey gold 

she runs like light 

screaming at the fright 

The night’s silence gutted, 

an atom cut in two, Imploding 

in a big bang across the dead house. 

Our hero at last, victorious, 

Her hubris

Starving us of sleep

The champion returns,

 To lie at my feet 

I lift the cover for her, 

A warm cinnamon roll under sheets. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters by Jasmin Salas

Letters  Jasmin Salas I couldn’t sleep the night my mother passed away. My sisters and I laid in our shared bed, covering our entire bodies ...